Southwark Cathedral is situated less than five minutes walking distance from London Bridge station
The Cathedral is well served by a number of trains, buses, tube and boats.
We recommend using the TFL Journey Planner to plan your visit if you are using the London Underground, buses, Docklands Light Railway (DLR) or the river buses and cruises.
- London Bridge Station – 5 minutes walk
- Cannon Street Station – 10 minutes walk
- Blackfriars Station – 15 minute walk
National Rail planner for trains can be found here
In January 2018, the Tooley Street entrance and exit re-opened at London Bridge Station. We highly recommend that should you be using this station you exit onto Tooley Street opposite the Hay's Galleria, cross the road head west and walk to the Cathedral going past London Bridge Hospital, under London Bridge and past the London Tombs and Mudlark Public House, entering through our courtyard on the north side of the Cathedral.
Further information can be found at the following link here
- London Bridge Station (Jubilee and Northern Lines) 5 minutes walk
- Monument (Circle & District Lines) 8 minutes walk
- Cannon Street Station (Circle & District Lines) 10 minutes walk
- Bank Station (Northern & Central Lines) 15 minutes walk
- Bank Station (Northern & Central Lines) - 15 minutes walk
- Routes 17, 21 ,35,40, 43,47,48, 133 ,141,149, 344, RV1 all stop at London Bridge Station, London Bridge or Borough High Street. We recommend you visit the TFL link here
MBNA Thames Clippers are the fastest and most frequent fleet on the river with departures from major London piers every 20 minutes. Their services stretch from Putney to Royal Arsenal Woolwich and cater for all, from early morning communters to families wanting a day out on the river.
You can find out more information from their website here and the closest piers to the Cathedral are;
- London Bridge City Pier – 7 minutes walk
- Bankside Pier – 15 minutes walk
There is no car parking in the vicinity of the Cathedral. The nearest car park is in Great Suffolk Street and is run by Union Car Parks. Details of charges and times can be found on their website here.
Bicycle parking is available just outside the Cathedral (opposite Borough Market) and there are additional areas on the north side of the Cathedral on Montague Close.
Santander Cycle docking stations are located in Duke Street Hill just outside London Bridge Station on Tooley Street as well as outside the Hop Exchange on Southwark Street.
Coach Drop Offs
London Bridge Street or Southwark Bridge Road
Universal Car Parks is conveniently located in Great Suffolk Street which is a 10-15 minute walk from the Cathedral. For charges and further information please visit their website here